Monday, November 28, 2011

CHRISTmas

I don't know why, but for some reason I am especially excited about the holidays this year. It might be because we are getting a real tree this year and James and I will be decorating our first home together for Christmas. Or, it could be because of my new delicious nephew who is celebrating his first Christmas this year. Or maybe it's because I feel like I have lots of time to enjoy the holiday and soak it in properly. It could also be all of the Christmas movies James has been playing for the past two weeks, or the great goodies that I've been wrapping up for my family and friends.

I don't know what it is, but I am certainly looking forward to the next five weeks of celebration and time with friends and family.

All of that being said, however, I want to take the time to remind everyone of the reason for the season. A lot of the films we've been watching revolve around Santa Clause, and while I'm a fan of Saint Nicholas, Christmas is not his holiday.



Christmas has, unfortunately, become a secular holiday, and I have lots of friends, colleagues and even family who see it only as an opportunity to get together and exchange gifts. That's a great part of Christmas, but I urge you to remember why we first celebrated this season--the season of preparation for Jesus' birth! As you enjoy your family, sweets, presents, and lights on the tree, remember to keep CHRIST in Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...