1. Who do I appreciate? My parents. My siblings. James. Cuddles. My friends. My church community, both here and in my hometown.
2. How am I fortunate? My family has been so healthy! I hear about so many families dealing with illness, and I have to thank God that He has protected the people that I love most.
3. What material possessions am I thankful for? My home. My computer. My car.
4. What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for? I am a good communicator, which has helped me to sustain wonderful friendships and relationships with my family and my boyfriend.
5. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for? I am so thankful for the diversity that Albany offers. I love that we live in a neighborhood that we can walk in and easily get to food, shopping, and our friends. I love that our home speaks to both of our interests and feels comfortable and welcoming to our friends and family.
6. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for? I am grateful for my education and everything that has brought me to where I am today in my career. I was in a very serious relationship before James, and I am thankful for all that the relationship taught me by it not working out--I believe it's prepared me to be the better girlfriend that I am now.
7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? Today I will finish a paper that will let me relax for the rest of the week and enjoy my family for Thanksgiving.
8. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for? I really feel that I can be whoever I want to be because of the support of my family and friends. Fortunately, I have been raised with many opportunities and that has just continued as I've grown into my own person.
9. What have others in my life done that I am thankful for? I am most thankful to anyone who has loved me and guided me and encouraged me. I wouldn't be who I am without those three things.
10. What have others done that I am benefiting from in my life (even if I don't know who those people are)? My parents have sacrificed for me and all of my siblings so that we could have everything we want in life. Individuals throughout history have fought for equal rights and freedom for everyone, which I am most definitely benefiting from. Jesus came here to Earth so that I might have an example by which to live my life, and He died so that we might know God's love for us.
11. What relationships am I thankful for? The relationships I have with my family and friends go without saying. But I am so very thankful for the relationship I have with James. He loves me in a way that no one has ever loved me before and the respect he has for me is amazing. He makes me feel safe, confident and happy every day--I can't be thankful enough for that!
12. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for? I take money for granted all the time. I am certainly thankful for it, but I don't think that I think about just how grateful I should be for it enough.
I took these prompts from Ashley at The Shine Project. Thank you for making me think about all of the things I am thankful for this week!