Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love Letter

Last week, one of the little buggers I babysit for was giving me a REALLY hard time. He's 10, and he was being rude and mouthing off to me and being otherwise difficult to be around. I tried talking to him, talking to his mom & dad, etc. Finally, we had an awful day Friday and I told his dad that I was at my wits end--I just didn't know where to go with him. Dad promised he would take care of it.

Yesterday, I received a call from Mom saying that she thought the issue was nipped in the bud and that Little A should be much better behaved this week. She also told me that A had written me an apology letter that he was to give me this week. She went on to say that the letter would clearly explain A's behavior. Here's the letter:

Dear Miss Jenn
I'm sorry for talkin back and being rude to you. That is why I'm writing this note because my mom told me to because I was so mean to you. I just don't know how to talk to you. You see, I don't have any girl friends so that's why I'm mean to you. But I don't want to be mean. I'm just so confused. I just don't know how to act in front of a girl who's older than me. The point is, I don't know anyone who's a girl that is my friend. I was also mad yesterday. 
From, A

How freakin' cute is that? Yes, a 10-year-old boy has a crush on me--he doesn't know how to act in front of me! Needless to say, with this new insight I've got a soft spot for this guy and today went a lot smoother. This letter is just one of the many reasons I love kids!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh man, that is too cute! This puts a whole new spin on things.

Seeee...even 10 year old boys love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...