Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Lazy

I have been a bad blogger lately. Actually, I have been a bad everything lately (or at least that's how I feel). This week sucked (am I allowed to use that word?). I was so unmotivated, as I have been since the start of the semester, and I got to the point where I almost didn't care about what I wasn't accomplishing. For example, two papers that I had due today...finished them this morning, and hardly cared that I was doing such a last minute job! That's not like me, and it's starting to scare me a little bit. I mentioned to a friend that maybe I have ADD, or maybe I am depressed, but the truth is, I'm LAZY. There, it's out there. I think that my lack of motivation is fueled by this new, weird, out-of-character laziness. Unfortunately, being lazy also makes me a hypocrite, because I typically hate lazy people and get all high-and-mighty about how they shouldn't be lazy! Ugh, this is a lot to take in!

So, what am I going to do. Here's my plan:
1. Set achievable goals every day. I tend to look at the "big picture" too much instead of breaking down tasks. The truth of the matter is that I always have some type of work to do, but when I'm thinking I have to write that paper, I get overwhelmed. When I think, I have to write that paragraph, well, then things don't look so bad. So, I'm going to start breaking things apart and setting goals for each day that I know I can accomplish. Achieving small goals will lead me to the completed big picture.
2. Turn off the TV. That's right, people, I am giving up TV. I considered giving myself a little leeway (maybe watching one show a night), but the more I thought about it, the more I realize that I need to go cold turkey. I waste so much time watching TV, it is ridiculous. Last year, I was incredibly productive because I didn't have a TV. This year, having a TV back in my life has made me an incredible couch potato, and it has to end.
3. Keep up with the gym. Last week I didn't go to the gym at all. When I did go yesterday morning for a session with my trainer, I felt guilty and embarrassed. And guess what, the work out sucked because, over the course of a short week, I lost some of the progress that I had made. I don't always feel like going, it's true, but once I get there I am always happy I went. So, I need to keep that thought it my head and, as my fancy running shoes can remind me, "JUST DO IT!"
4. Pray the Rosary. I mentioned a few months ago that Kaitlin got me a Rosary of the Seven Sorrows for Christmas but, admittedly, I just prayed it for the first time today. See, laziness! At any rate, I believe in the intercession of our Lady, and this particular Rosary focuses on Mary's sorrow which is what made her stronger and, in turn, makes her such a powerful intercessor of our own struggles and sorrows. I need that peaceful time in my day with my heavenly Mama, so I plan to pray the Rosary daily and ask for peace (especially when I am struggling to motivate myself).
5. Blog! I have a lot to write about, but I haven't made the time to get on my blog on a more regular basis and let you know what's going on. Forget that, let me know what's going on! I learn so much about myself and my feelings when I take the time to write about them. So, blogging will be my "journal" of sorts and also provide some "me time" when I need it.

 Sounds like a good plan, right? I think so! And just putting it down in writing makes me want to stick to it even more. At the same time, it's not easy, so good thoughts and prayers are welcome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...