Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Everyday Minerals

I want to talk to you about my new favorite thing: makeup. Yes, I'm going to go there. My makeup regimen is pretty basic--usually just a little blush, some translucent powder, and mascara (sometimes eye shadow too). I've never liked the idea of smearing foundation all over my face, so I've stayed away from it, and I'm blessed with pretty clear skin so it hasn't been an issue.

I'd never even thought about going natural with my makeup, but the other day I was came across Everyday Minerals on Katie's blog and decided to check out their website. All of their products are natural, so they are good for your skin, and they don't do any testing on animals. Well, impulsively, I decided to buy a few things to try them out. Thinking that they would be crazy expensive, I didn't plan on buying much, but between promotions, sets, trials, and overall really good prices I ended up with: 5 mini bases to try out, 2 lipsticks, 2 blush, 4 eye shadow and 2 makeup brushes. Grand total: $34 including shipping!

I've been using them for a few days, and I already love them. Here are some of my issues they've solved:
1. Obviously wearing blush. Don't you hate when you put on blush and it is obvious that you're wearing it? Well, I've been dealing with that for a while, and while I still prefer that over not wearing blush at all, it's not ideal. These new blushes are not shades I would have normally picked, but I decided to try them and they look very natural! You can probably still tell I'm wearing something but not in the same way as before.
2. A shiny forehead. James always teases me about my greasy forehead. No, he's not a bad boyfriend, he's just honest. It's true..by the end of the day (or sometimes the middle) my forehead is shiny and I hate it! I used a base yesterday that kept my entire face "grease" free all day! If anything, at the end of the day I had a little glow, which looked so much better than shine! I was really impressed.
3. Quest for the perfect peach lip. Found it! I don't wear lipstick at all, but again, decided I would give it a shot. Whenever I see peach lips, I covet them, so so go to CVS and buy (yet another) peach gloss or lipstick. Get it home and it is not at all what I was looking for. This is very frustrating. Well, my quest is now over with this lovely color. I put it on over a little chapstick and I am all set! Today I'm going to try it with gloss on top.
4. Creased eye shadow. I'm sorry, but every formula I have ever bought that claims to be crease-free has lied. My eye shadow ALWAYS creases. Enter Everyday Minerals. I had shadow on from lash line to brow yesterday, and NO CREASE! It looked good and stayed in place all day. I'm in love.

So, if you have similar makeup woes (or just need an update), I implore you to check out Everyday Minerals. I'm not one to talk up products like this, but I am incredibly impressed and wanted to pass it on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...