Monday, February 7, 2011

So, about those 29 Gifts...

...today is Day 7. Sorry for my lack of posting over the past few days. We went up to Vermont for the weekend and didn't get home until last night, at which point I was too tired to make coherent sentences.

I was thinking about my gifts, however, and I'm not sure that I'm going to continue posting about them. Actually, I'm having a little trouble making them happen at all. It's not that I'm not giving to others, I just don't like feeling like I have to do it every day and make note of it. There is no way to say this without sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, but I am already a really giving person. I've sort of felt like this project is taking away my joy of giving because every time I do give, I think to myself Oo, that's my gift for they day--I need to remember it so I can write about it. It's weird and I don't like it.

I guess I am happy to continue being more conscious of my giving, but I don't feel comfortable telling everyone about it. I give (and always have) because it makes me happy. Maybe I don't need a lesson in giving as much as some people might. Again, that sounds sort of conceited, but I feel like I have that lesson down--I know how important it is to give every day to anyone who needs it.

This does not change the fact that Cami's story is awesome and worth being told. And I completely believe in incorporating giving into your day-to-day life and the positive outcomes that such a habit can bring.

Am I a jerk for quitting after only a week? Words of wisdom would be helpful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...