Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three: Holding Back

Okay, this is going to be a short post tonight because I have had a long day and I want to get up for a 5:45am yoga class tomorrow morning. So, my gift for today was REALLY hard for me, and for those of you who know me well, you will understand why.


In my Human Behavior class this semester we are doing group presentations on various mental illnesses. I don't, historically, enjoy working with groups when it comes to school assignments because I am just a little bit of a control freak. Yes, that's me--hard to believe, I know. I met with my group for the first time today and decided that instead of taking the wheel, I would hold back a little bit and let everyone else speak before I took over. My group members may not realize that this was a gift, but it was something that I really wanted to give to them for the benefit of our group. I sort of like that it's not an obvious gift, or even something that they know happened. Just knowing myself is enough. It was difficult for me (I like that too), but it was gratifying in the end and it gave me a sense of peace to know that I don't need to be in charge for things to happen.


So much more I could tell you about today, but this girl needs sleep! Happy gifting, and TGIF!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...