Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jerk!

Today I had the unfortunate experience of being stuck in a room with someone for several hours who was just a real jerk. I could use different language (and already have in my rant to James), but I'll just stick with good, old-fashioned "jerk" for the rest of the world.

I guess the major reason that this woman was a jerk was because of how judgmental she was. And how incredibly over-confident she was. And the way she talked over me and patronized me. And that time she totally contradicted herself to get what she wanted. And the fact that it was more important to her to be heard than to listen to the ideas of others.

Oh, hmm, that's a lot of reasons. Sorry! I just have a hard time with people like that and it put me in a bad mood. I try to see the best in people--I really do! And most of the time I'm really good at it, and I find that I truly do like most people I meet. But when I feel that a person either disrespects me or the people around me (especially when it is done behind their back and for the entertainment of others), I have a really hard time finding any good in them at all.

It doesn't help that things have been stressful lately. School started up and the semester got going really quickly. I feel like I'm trying to be all things to all people, and that is really hard and darn near impossible! I have a lot of things coming up in the future that I need to prepare for now: job interviews, graduation, wedding, licensure exams/applications....And then there are those pressing things that should have been done yesterday: homework, readings, emails to friends, balancing my checkbook, bills, valentines...

So, with the mood that I'm in and the to-do list from hell that's sitting next to me, I am getting on a roll tonight and getting crap done! I shall use my fury for good and accomplish wonderful things! And I'll also leave you with some beautiful Pinterest finds that make me smile (because, really, when in doubt, pin it!).








2 comments:

momnextdoor said...

I'm just now catching up on about 2 weeks worth of blogs. Love the new look!

Sorry about the jerk! But at least you can channel your fury into good use! :-)

I love all of your pins! We have very similar taste!

Erin said...

Sorry to hear it was a rough day! I hope it gets better soon :) Sometimes I feel sorry for people who do things like that because you know they have low self-esteem and have to make themselves appear better than other people. Love your pins!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...