Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crafty

When I found out last night that I would not have to work today, I knew exactly what to use my day off for--crafting, of course! I had a few ideas for my porch that I was determined to make happen today. So, after sharing (though not on purpose) my leftover cereal milk with Cuddles...
 
 ...I made my way to Joann's for supplies. The goals: (1) Create my inspiration wall, (2) Find fabric for valances for porch windows, (3) Sew valances. I'm happy to report that I was quite successful!

I created a really simple inspiration wall with simple jute twine, upholstery nails, and miniature clothespins.
 
I found the perfect fabric for my valances. It has the same colors as the fabric on my chairs, but a completely different and equally whimsical pattern. I finished one valance today and plan to do the other within the next week. I found a really simple tutorial here, and followed it pretty much to a tee.
I truly love days like this when I can let my creative juices flow! My prayer tonight is for more times like these...for now it's off to bed to prepare for a few days with my Momma and sister at the Joyce Meyer conference here in Albany.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...