Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Thanks: Sunshine

We had such a beautiful, wonderful, fabulous weekend!!! And the sunshine was responsible for most of that. I finished my semester on Friday, so James thought we should go on an adventure on Saturday. We thought we were going to head south to Hyde Park to visit FDR's house, but instead we went east to Old Sturbridge Village. I don't think I'd been there since a fifth grade field trip, and it was even more beautiful and educational than I remembered. Here are some of my favorite shots from our day:
 The door to the Congregational Church

 I couldn't wait to see the baby sheep--and they were there!

 I love the patterns of all of the quilts and other textiles of the time.

 This building was balances on rocks. I didn't get to find out why, but it was really impressive.

 Prettiest rooster I have ever seen.

 More prints and colors I love.

Sunshine makes us so happy!

 And you thought the other lambs were sweet...

 More prints to fall in love with.

 We could not have had a prettier day.

 Outside the mill

 It's not New England without a covered bridge!

 James and his "sucker"

 Honeysuckle! And a bee:)

A lovely sky on the way home.

As if yesterday was not pretty enough, we got another sun-filled day today that we spent outside at the park with friends. We had a picnic, walked the dog, and got our first sunburns of the season! It could not have been a better weekend, and the sunshine did us a lot of good, especially after such a long cold winter. The warm weather and sunshine have me looking forward to a great summer! Thank God for sunshine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...