Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunday Thanks: Dress Barn

Whoops, I'm a little late on this week's edition of Sunday Thanks. This wonderful three-day weekend has me all confused, as I am so used to winding down my weekend with these posts.

But getting back to what I am thankful for this week--yes, it's a store. I feel compelled to write about it, though, because Dress Barn is one of those stores that never lets me down. I remember as a kid thinking that Dress Barn was for old ladies. My mom shopped there occasionally, and she's not old, but at the time she seemed a lot older than me! So, I had this thing against Dress Barn and vowed I would never shop there. Fast forward about 10 years and I find myself in need of a dress for a college event. "Go to Dress Barn," says Mom. Dress Barn! Are you crazy! But, being a good daughter, I listen to my Momma. Needless to say, I walked out the next day with two dresses for less than $100. Beat that, Macy's! Since then I have purchased pretty much every "event dress" that I need from Dress Barn, and even some shirts and shoes.

Why am I so thankful for Dress Barn this weekend? Well, I found out yesterday that a wedding I am attending in July is a little more fancy than I thought it was going to be. I have a go-to dress (from Dress Barn) that I figured I would wear, but I recently wore it to an event that all of the same people from the wedding will be at. This normally wouldn't bother me, except I got a ton of compliments on my dress (which always happens when I wear a DB dress), so it could be remembered. Besides, who doesn't love an excuse to buy a new dress!? At any rate, my friend and I went shopping yesterday and I figured I would pop into Dress Barn to see if anything caught my eye. Thirty minutes later, I'm walking out with this dress:
 via

Bam! Like I said, Dress Barn never lets me down! I feel amazing in this dress! It is simple with a little fun. Classy, but still young and fresh. And, at originally $60 (which is not a bad price in my book), I got it for 30% off!

 This is the acclaimed "go-to dress"...I absolutely love how I feel in it.

 I got this dress a few months ago and will be wearing it to a wedding on Friday and a shower on Saturday--love multi-purpose dresses! (Ignore the wrinkles..my closet is a little stuffed)

Today I am thankful for great prices, great dresses, and the comfort of knowing that when I'm in a jam I can pretty much always count on Dress Barn.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...