Friday, April 22, 2011

Kiva.org

A month ago I had a birthday party to celebrate my turning a quarter of a century. Big news, I know. As part of my birthday celebration, I did a "quarter drive" for Kiva. Here's a little about them, taken from their website:

"We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world."



My wonderful friends and family dropped quarters (and other coins) into the collection and we ended up with about $40! Kiva accepts donations in increments of $25, so now it is my job to find a recipient of my $50 loan. I've spent the past month periodically checking in to look at the recipients, but there are so many and I don't know how to make my decision!

With the Easter season upon us, I feel moved to figure out where I want my donation to go and just do it. I'm going to pray on this over the next few days and make one of my goals for next week to finally make my donation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...