Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This is why we don't have cable...

...because I end up seeing interviews like this, that leave me annoyed and even more disappointed with what our world is becoming:



I feel like everything that Seal is saying, completely contradicts what divorce is. He talks about Heidi as being the most wonderful woman in the world, how they still love each other very much, and how serious marriage vows are. But, "sometimes you just grow apart."

I know it is not my place to judge them, and no one but them knows what is really going on in their relationship, but I see this as another example of people accepting that it's okay for marriages to end when things are no longer going as planned or as expected.

I'm frustrated with our world and society that is so quick to throw things aside when they don't serve us the way we want them too. While Seal and Hedi Klum shouldn't have to air their dirty laundry for everyone, I do wish that if there is another reason behind their split, they would be able to let people know. Because, unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have looked up to them as a couple and now are getting the idea that even the "best" of couples (or so they were portrayed) can call it quits at their convenience.

I'm sorry to offend anyone with this post. I was just quite put off by, what I see as, contradictory language that Seal used to describe a really heavy and horrible situation.

1 comment:

J-Tony said...

Sadly, that's the world we live in. If we don't like something, we get a new one. We have treated marriage the same as electronics, cars and furniture. Trade it in for something new, flashy or "better". It's to easy to get a divorce nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I understand there are reason why you must divorce, but all to often it is becuase "we grow apart" My DW and I have been together for 10 years and still going. And we've "grown" together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...