Friday, August 5, 2011

Nonexistent

That's me. I have been totally nonexistent in blog world lately. I don't really have a good excuse. I guess life has been pretty busy, and lately I have been coming home from work and feeling totally drained of physical and emotional energy.

Life has felt a bit "funky" lately. As in, I'm in a funk. Nothing is really wrong, per se. Maybe I am just bored with my job (thank God it's over in a week!) and sick of getting up at 5:15 every morning. I think I am also beginning to feel the stress that will be this academic year. My schedule allows for very little wiggle room, and I think I am already beginning to feel that crunch. Plus, I am feeling the financial burden of being in school full-time, as I watch my savings dwindle; and while a year ago I felt confident in my ability to find a job when all of this is over, I'm not feeling as confident now. See...I've just hit a funk.

On the positive side of life, I've spent the past two weekends with my sister, Mom and cousin. And the fun continues with a visit from one of my best friends this weekend. Murd will be joining me in supporting James and the rest of the crew at the Ballston Spa Film Festival this weekend.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the past few weeks--proof that I have, in fact, been out there living my life.

 A pretty old Albany street
 Sisters:)
 Under the pines at Saratoga Racecourse

My cousin and I outside the track

3 comments:

Jessica M. said...

Hopefully school isn't that bad for you. I know how you feel and just keep thinking that it's all worth it. :) Happy Friday!

momnextdoor said...

Sending non-blue funk vibes your way. You'll make everything work! Good luck!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the happy thoughts, ladies! Between your comments and it being Friday, I already feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...