Saturday, June 4, 2011

Little Friend's Wedding

Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching my "little friend" Ashley marry the wonderful Joseph! Ashley and I met our freshman year of college at Saint Rose and we've been buddies ever since.
Joseph and Ashley had a personal and intimate ceremony that was utterly and perfectly "them"--I don't think anyone who was there would disagree.
Their moms set the alter for communion, which was just beautiful and, again, added to the intimacy of the day. It was all about Joe, Ashley and their families.
I loved seeing their parent's pray the Lord's Prayer together, and I couldn't help but snap a picture.

Their church is very inviting--I loved the altar and the way Christ was personified here.


Everyone worked together to put out the delicious meal. Fr. Shaw even cut the sandwich!
I love these two, and I am so blessed to call them friends!

Ashley, you mean the world to me and I thank you for including me in your special day! (p.s. Now do you see why I lovingly call Ashley my "little friend"?)
The bride's bouquet.
And gift table, where everyone left their love on a frame from Ashley's parents.

It was a beautiful day. I don't think Ashley and Joe could have asked for anything better, and I wish them so much joy and LAUGHTER in their life together!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...